Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The key to success

I just have a minute but I needed to write this down before it left my brain.
I always hate being the first one to work, because my key never works very well in the lock on the front door. I'm always forcing it in and "jiggling" it around, try to "make it work right." This morning was no exception. Brian went out rabbit hunting with some buddies and I was at the shop before the other guy. So I pulled out my key and tried something different. Today I tried the gentle approach with the key. I didn't use any force at all and the key went in with out a catch, and when I gently pulled it out it came right out! I was so amazed.
Lesson learned today: force never gets the results you might be looking for, and all you ever get is frustration, sometimes even angry. But gentle persuasion always works, you feel relieved and may even find yourself smiling at your success.
I think this applies to most things in life - I have tried it with my teen-agers. I always find that our relationship goes more smoothly and we can really communicate better that way.
Today the use of my key was a success. I was the last to leave work today as well - my key worked like a charm! I even smiled at myself for how clever I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment