Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Happ, Happiest season...

Been crazy busy at work! "Cyber Monday" hits us hard. As well as Cyber Tuesday, Cyber Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and probably everyday for the next couple of weeks. With Christmas falling on a Friday we could be shipping up through the Tuesday before. So take a deep breath, here we go!!!
Went into work on Saturday to try and keep ahead of the curve. I'm sure I will have twice as many orders tomorrow as it is. So far I've been doing really good at keeping my cool and not getting stressed out. I just sit at my desk and listen to Christmas songs and polk at the computer keys while I enter over 100 orders in one day. REALLY looking forward to tomorrow... deep breath in, breath out slowly, deep breath in, breath out slowly.

Had a wonderful weekend. It was Stake Conference. Our ward sang in the Saturday night Session. We had the opportunity, of course, to listen the great messages from chosen speakers in our Stake. We heard one woman talk about how much our ancestors need us and how much we need them for both of our eternal salvation. She put things into great perspective. She made me almost want to get on the internet and get into it. One day I know I will get involved in my genealogy.
We also heard from our Stake President. He is a pretty inspired man. His message was one of great timing. We have been instructed to be in the business of rescuing souls. Whether we are the rescuer or the one being rescued, we will always need to look to Christ both as our example and as our Saviour. Today we were again taught great gospel lessons. Our first speaker was a 12 year old Deacon, with some very sage words of advise. Out of the mouths of babes, right?

So we begin. December will go by as fast as the rest of the year has gone by. Christmas will be here, like tomorrow, and the next thing I know I'll be another year older. But hey, it's way better than the alternative... I will do my best to calmly do my job and relish the season - and the goodies that come around too.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, yes! The best and bussiest season of the year! Isn't it wonderful? Good job, here, Debi. I loved your remarks. Uplifting and in a great spirit. Love and miss you, my soon-to-be birthday girl! What can I be thinking about for your birthday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know you had a blog!!!! Thanks for letting me in on the news! You are awesome by the way!!!! Keep up the posts and the hard work at the office!!!
    Love you,

    ReplyDelete