Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Run, Run, Run...

Six miles seems like a long way when it's traveled on foot. The Pioneers of the 1840's usually only traveled that far in an entire day. This morning however, I ran that far. I did it in a little over an hour too. Yes, it seemed like a long way! When I got to my half way point, I was still feeling pretty good. I was even doing pretty well after another mile, but I started to get anxious to get home and be done by mile five. In other words, my mind was not where it needed to be and I was tired. But I did finish my six miles this morning and I get to take tomorrow off - but only off running. (I have a tee time at 8am and a couple of softball games in the evening.)

I often wonder if I am too old to be starting to train for a marathon. I mean 26.2 miles is, like, forever! Then when I finish a 10 mile run, and even six mile runs, and am still able to do all the stuff I have to do in a day - in other words "it doesn't kill me" - I realize that forty-eight is NOT too old to do anything. "I can do anything I set out to do!" Kind of like, "...as a man thinketh, so is he." I have learned in the last few weeks that my state of mind creates my body's reality. When I say, out loud, that I love to run, I usually feel like I love to run. When I say,"this hill is hard and I hate it." Well, I never quite make it up the hill with out stopping!

I am actually having a great time with my running. It's been fun to see what I am able to accomplish. My muscles are usually sore EVERYDAY! But if they weren't, I would just need to work harder.
COME RUN WITH ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment