Thursday, November 26, 2009

Gobble gobble...

Just finished a wonderful evening with the kids. When I say kids, I mean TJ and Randi. Brian and I are in the time of life where our kids are pretty much on their own and will usually come home for the holidays (except Randi of course, she still lives here.) We used to "get the kids" every other holiday, but now it's more like, "let us know what your plans are and we will work with them." Eric is in Georgia, finishing up his Army training - plus he's married and has other family plans with his new wife. Amber wanted to do a dinner with her friends and boy-friend - that no one really approves of. TJ and Randi spent last year with their Dad so they came over here. I'm glad too because when it's just Brian and I dinner is kind of quiet. Next year in fact, we might just go out to eat - depending on what any of the kids want to do, of course. At any rate, I am stuffed and my kitchen is no longer covered in dirty dishes. TJ is on his way back home, and we all had a great time with one another. I am blessed to have this gift of family.

Now that Thanksgiving is over though, I can start thinking about Christmas. We get TJ and Randi again for Christmas Eve. Haven't had them here for Christmas Eve in forever. It will be nice to have them here and do some of the things we used to do on that special night. I love Christmas Eve. I love Christmas. Of course it's the time of year that I try to focus everything on the Savior, but in reality I should do that all the time. I just love that most of the rest of the world is focusing on Him too. I hope my kids get that sense about me and how important Christmas and our Savior is. What an amazing thing His birth was. How very lucky we all are to have been given that gift! I love that we get to celebrate His birth every year by having Christmas.

I hope every one had a wonderful Thanksgiving. And that wherever you are, wherever your loved ones are, I hope you always remember how very blessed we are to have each other. Whether we are friends or family, distant or close, my life is forever changed by you being in it. God bless you always.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Debi for your comments. I so love to read the things in my children's lives that lie deep within them -- the things that they don't readily share in a verbal conversation. With the written word, you say volumes! Thank you for being who you are and for radiating the gift that is "you." So many memories... So many tears... So many days of laughter... All add up to a pretty wonderful life we've enjoyed thus far. I love you, daughter, dear!

    ReplyDelete