Saturday, November 21, 2009

cloudy with a chance of snow

Just got back from a wonderful Temple session in the Provo Temple. It is really cool how the Temple continues to open my understanding and deepen my testimony of the gospel. I am so grateful that I was born to such wonderful parents! They taught me to love my Heavenly Father, and to believe in Christ. Because they taught me when I was young, I am able to take those teachings into my adult life and increase them. I think it's called synergy. The gospel is taught line upon line, precept upon precept and they all continue to increase in size. Today my spiritual eyes were open a little bit more to the concepts taught in the Temple. That is how I know that God loves us. He teaches us, patiently and with love. When I took my concerns with me into the Celestial room, He, once again, comforted me and let me know that all things will work out for good and that I must be patient and love unconditionally. That is also why I love to go to the Temple. I feel comfort and I feel all my worries fade away.

This morning was beautiful, with very little clouds. We have been expecting snow today. Now it's getting a little more blustery, and the sky is clouding up. But it is November and we have had some pretty nice weather up till now. It's about time the ski resorts get something to offer. At first, in September and October, I wasn't at all ready for cold weather. I think it will be okay now. I am looking forward to snowy days and some cold nights now. Next week is Thanksgiving, and I am looking forward to some time with my family around me. The smell of pumpkin pie and Grandma D's rolls will fill the house. I am looking forward to that too! (Randi actually said she is looking forward to helping me bake this year - I am REALLY looking forward to that too.)

Life is settling down this time of year and I am able to relax a little - knock on wood. I still need to shop for Christmas though, so stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment