Monday, November 16, 2009

Manic Monday!

This was another one of those crazy Mondays. Randi asked me to be her "guinea pig" for her class this morning. I had to be there at 8 which meant I would have to be late for work. It's starting into the Christmas season and we are getting busy - especially on Monday's. Really I was a little torn because I hate getting behind on orders, but I didn't want to let Randi down. A dilemma. I chose to help Randi. She had to do some teeth cleaning and other dental type stuff as practice. So she practiced on me. She did a darn good job too I might add.
When I got to work it was crazy! I had to enter 55 orders and do it before noon, while still answering the phone orders - which was also crazy. Needless to say, I finally got all my work done by 5. Which was good because that's when we close and go home. Tomorrow is going to be just as manic though I'm afraid.
I found out that I have an eye doctors appointment at 9 in Salt Lake, and a hair appointment at 1. Plus I have a bunch purchase orders to get out, so that we have stuff to sell for the Christmas rush...
Now I understand why my husbands favorite day of the year is December 26t! That's when we actually get to take a breath and relax. Being a retail store owner makes it kind of hard to enjoy the "peace on earth" during this time of year. I have a real challenge on my hands every year, but I love the holidays and will do everything I can to enjoy it this year too.
I actually cannot believe that next Thursday is Thanksgiving day! I need to go to the store and get all my baking stuff. I love a good pumpkin pie and so I plan to bake a couple of those. This year I've ordered a "free range turkey" for dinner. TJ and Randi will be here this year as well as Amber - I think. Not a ton to be cooking for, but enough. We will at least have some left over turkey anyway. This year - like every year - I feel I have a lot to be thankful for! But that is another post...

2 comments:

  1. it's 11:16 pm....and i should be sleeping, but when i got your email i had to at least peek at your blog and say hi! so glad you've joined the world of blogging! seriously, it will help us keep in touch....since i'm bad at calling and emailing! :) hope all is well! you can link to our blog from my name (cheeks) on this comment --jami

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Deb! I can see already that I am going to enjoy your posts. It's like a glimpse into the life of.....
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete