Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sunday afternoon

While I was sharing my music with a soprano in choir practice today I was able to find every note I needed to sing. Did I mention the lady next to me was a soprano? Then when more people came to sing I had to share with another alto. After that I was hardly ever on the right note. Every time I sit next that particular alto she throws me off!!! I don't play the piano, or the organ, or anything that you need to be able to read music to play, so it's hard to know exactly what my note is. This lady is our ward organist and she sings flat, or the wrong note, yet when I sing with a soprano, I hit my note the way I should. I don't get it. We are singing some pretty tough songs for Christmas this year. I want to be able to sing them well and I don't think I am doing that.

Really had a wonderful weekend. It started with a session in the Provo Temple, with a really good friend of mine. It's nice to get in touch with the Spirit that I feel in there. It ended with a friends son's wedding reception last night with Randi. Actually had a really good time - I think Randi did too. She kind of connected with the little brother. I've been friends with the Mom for years. I watched her kids grow up. Her older daughters have kids of their own and they are adorable. I got a chance to hold their babies and visit with every one. It was fun to see them all again. Randi might have a new friend to "hang out with."

Sundays are very relaxing days for me. I get to sleep in most weeks and that feels good. Then I get to relax and read the scriptures for a while. It feels nice to get some balance in my life after a busy hectic week. Then I get to go and listen some pretty remarkable people teach the gospel and increase my understanding of the principles. My heavenly Father is good to me. He has blessed my life with abundance.

No comments:

Post a Comment